Marketing and Outreach Project Manager
CALSTART has an immediate opening for a highly-motivated person to join our team as a Marketing and Outreach Project Manager. The ideal candidate will play an important role in supporting high impact clean transportation projects by overseeing the development and implementation of strategic marketing and outreach activities for the California Air Resources Board Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Program (HVIP). HVIP provides incentives to California fleets who purchase clean trucks and buses. HVIP is funded by the California Air Resources Board and administered by CALSTART. In this role, the Marketing and Outreach Project Manager will be responsible for industry engagement, marketing campaigns, communication development, and community outreach. The position will be based in the CALSTART solar-powered headquarters in Pasadena, California.
- Lead development of marketing and outreach program to increase awareness, create HVIP brand recognition, collaborate with public and private partners on strategic outreach, facilitate multiple methods for industry engagement, conduct community outreach, and increase program participation through targeted fleet and dealership outreach;
- Work with HVIP team to develop customized programs and strategies for various market segments for program participation;
- Oversee the planning and execution of industry engagement and outreach events and workshops including content development; manufacturer, dealer and fleet participation; promotional material development; logistics; sponsorship; vendor displays; and ride and drive events;
- Develop a state campaign with multiple stakeholders to conduct community outreach in disadvantaged communities, evaluate key community partners, identify community needs, develop targeted outreach materials, and engage local champions to support fleet participation;
- Manage program communication development and key messaging including development of print collateral, including fact sheets, brochures, case studies, and pop-up banners; website content management; and ongoing information sharing through social media;
- Build relationships and partnerships with participating manufacturers and dealerships to support program participation including development of marketing materials to support OEM and dealership marketing activities and collaboration in outreach events;
- Oversee all press activities and program announcements by coordinating with key partners on press release development and publicity events;
- Coordinate with HVIP outreach team to participate, present and exhibit at events;
- Develop and manage HVIP calendar of events, select and prioritize participation in key industry events, and regularly update HVIP website to report on event participation and upcoming outreach activities; and
- Develop and maintain a robust network and contact database of stakeholders including fleets, dealerships, industry associations, utilities, municipalities, air districts, community-based organizations, environmental organizations, and others.
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective marketing strategies supporting a variety of methodologies (direct interpersonal outreach, print collateral & promotional communications, online communications via website, e-blast and webinars, etc.);
- Proven track record of developing and building responsive HTML emails with persuasive and informational content to appeal to multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to lead social media campaigns and content for Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Proven ability to manage relationships with key trade associations, industry and non-profit organizations;
- Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion);
- Understanding of or interest in clean transportation, energy efficiency and sustainability;
- Demonstrated development of strategic marketing, education and outreach plans.
- Experience of marketing and conducting outreach to low income and disadvantaged communities;
- Ability to think ahead, propose new ideas, take active steps in addressing challenges, and implementing new strategies/approaches to adapt to new/changing priorities;
- Ability to engage and communicate tactfully and persuasively with a variety of stakeholders through oral and written communication methods;
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and perform within project deadlines; and
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work in a fast pace business environment.
- Experience with Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Exact Target, and other similar email tools;
- Experience with Google Analytics and AdWords;
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator