WHAT WE DO
- Work with industry stakeholders and partners in government to develop and implement public policies that advance the clean transportation technology industry.
- Focus on industry wide and technology neutral policies that support strong vehicle efficiency standards, purchase incentives and RD&D funding.
- Represent companies and organizations from a broad array of technologies and fuels.
- Convene stakeholders across the clean transportation industry and policy space under a “big tent” to create or extend funding programs, incentives and standards.
“They are more than just an effective advocate for clean transportation policies and program – they are ground zero for the industry.
PRESIDENT & CEO, ACHATES POWER
- Performed a leadership role in advancing recognition and significant funding for high-efficiency powertrains and systems for vehicles at the national level in each of the last five federal transportation bills.
- Provided technology, supplier and market data to assist policymakers in setting meaningful, industry-supported federal vehicle efficiency standards for cars and trucks.
- Organized multiple industry efforts that have secured several billion dollars of advanced technology research, development and demonstration funding at the state and federal level, including co-sponsoring legislation that created a $150 million-per-year program to support California’s clean transportation technology industry and market, securing a guaranteed amount of $55 million in annual funding for the purchase of low and no emission funding from the FTA, and playing a leading role in securing significant California Greenhouse Gas Cap & Trade program revenues to fund low-carbon transportation.
- Sponsored targeted legislation to knock down industry barriers, including providing a weight waiver to zero-emission and low NOx trucks and tax credits, to clean vehicle manufacturing equipment adoption.
- Organized and led a coalition of users, manufacturers and utilities to establish market-growing infrastructure investment and charge rate structure recommendations and successfully supported public utility commission adoption of programs following these recommendations.