ASSESSMENT & VALIDATION
WHAT WE DO
- Provide trusted, third-party performance analysis and evaluation of clean vehicles, technologies and fuels.
- Develop tailored test methodologies designed for specific advanced technologies and fleets.
- Collect and analyze sophisticated performance, maintenance and reliability data including fleet user assessments.
- Perform custom analysis and develop tools and calculators to inform the return-on-investment for technologies and fuels.
- Conduct life-cycle cost analysis and market projections to inform business decisions.
- Identify fleet management best practices that help maximize efficient and effective use of new technologies.
- Conduct targeted voice-of-the-customer events to expose prospective users to new technologies and vehicles and better inform manufacturers of user requirements.
“CALSTART has a remarkable team of experts in technology, policy and markets. But more than that, CALSTART provides us with unique, detailed, and powerful analysis of advanced vehicle performance that we do not see from others, helping us make smarter investments and choices on our future pathways.”
- Instrumented, collected duty cycle and performance information and analyzed route profiles of over 700 trucks from Class 4 through Class 8 as part of an updated vehicle in-use survey process.
- Performed commercialization analyses of several technology pathways and 19 technology packages to outline a staged technology and market milestone process to achieve petroleum and emission reductions from the medium and heavy-duty truck sector.
- Executed comprehensive in-field testing and evaluation of battery-electric parcel delivery trucks, natural gas, hybrid and electric yard tractors and fuel cell and battery electric transit buses.
- Evaluated the future market potential for CNG electric plug-in trucks, and assessed the barriers and provided solutions for electric truck and bus grid integration.
- Outlined the technical feasibility and the actionable path to market for zero-emission drayage trucks serving port applications.
- Served as the organizer of a targeted commercialization process focusing on fleet user needs to develop a list of requirements to drive early production of advanced truck technologies.