Associate Project Manager
Due to continued growth, CALSTART has an immediate opening in our Troy, Michigan office for a highly-motivated person to join our team as an Associate Project Manager. This is an exciting time in the Midwest for building the clean transportation technology industry and the opportunity to improve air quality, prevent climate change, and create jobs. Reporting directly to the Midwest Regional Director, the Associate Project Manager will help develop, support, and manage high impact clean transportation projects. This role will strengthen your interpersonal, analytical and project management skill sets while offering an opportunity to implement your leadership skills. We seek an individual who possesses an eagerness to learn and strive for excellence. If you desire a career where you are making a real impact benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work for CALSTART!
CALSTART‘s mission is to make the air healthy to breathe, prevent climate change, strengthen the nation, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 25 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized both nationally and internationally as an effective industry catalyst and focuses its work in four major initiatives: cars, buses, trucks, and fuels. CALSTART supports technology development, clean vehicle incentive programs, provides policy guidance and implementation, and offers value-added services to its member organizations. CALSTART is headquartered in Pasadena, California with regional offices in California, Colorado, Michigan, and New York. For additional information regarding our organization, please visit us at www.Calstart.org
The Associate Project Manager will play an active role in supporting and ideally managing a variety of advanced transportation projects. We seek a candidate with strong organizational skills, excellent writing abilities, facility with quantitative analysis and outreach, and a passion for the CALSTART’s mission.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and meet deadlines
- Strong and precise verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to produce high quality reports and presentations
- Ability to work with a diverse stakeholder group and lead effective outreach campaigns
- Demonstrate initiative with a “can do” attitude and work well within a team environment
- Proven ability to support and organize meetings, webinars and workshops that engage stakeholders
Additional Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are a not required however are desired:
- Knowledge and/or background working in policy and infrastructure planning
- Track record in successfully organizing events and forums
- Experience working in the automotive, transit and/or commercial truck industry with specific knowledge of and expertise with advanced transportation technologies and fuels including natural gas, biofuels, propane, electricity, hydrogen, fuel cells and energy storage
- Background in data analysis and life-cycle cost analysis
- Interest and understanding in innovative mobility solutions
- Experience in conducting surveys, studies and performing data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree (candidates meeting minimum qualifications and possessing a graduate degree in a related field – e.g., Business, Engineering, Environmental Studies, and Public Policy – and/or 2+ years of professional experience in a related field or utilizing a relevant skill set may be considered for a Project Manager title.
- 10 – 25% travel within the United States
- Project management experience is strongly preferred
- Certificate or training in project management, a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Annual salary is up to $56,000, depending on experience. Advancement opportunities available for individuals who perform at an elevated level.
- Company pays 100% of premiums for PPO health plan including dental and vision care for employee and dependents
- Retirement plan (Simplified Employee Pension Plan) equivalent to 8 percent of the annual compensation
- Flexible work hours, as appropriate
- Commuter benefits for alternative transportation
- Commitment to employee growth and skills development
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter explaining why you should be considered for this position by clicking here.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CALSTART is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.