Senior Project Manager for Innovative Mobility
CALSTART is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Project Manager to serve a key role in supporting the organization’s new Innovative Mobility program. The goal of this exciting program is to increase zero-emission mobility options that will make clean transportation more accessible to all.
CALSTART is a nationally and internationally recognized company with offices in multiple states. With more than 25 years of experience, CALSTART works with the public and private sectors to knock down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in clean transportation, sustainability, and/or community development, be fluent in Spanish (advanced level or higher) , and possess a proven track record in the field of clean innovative mobility.
She/he should be enthusiastic about advancing Innovative Mobility technologies and have a “can do” entrepreneurial mindset. This role will be instrumental in developing CALSTART’s organizational Innovative Mobility program. This includes managing working groups, developing/implementing strategies to work with disadvantaged communities, conducting policy/market analysis, and developing relationships with companies to partner with CALSTART for this program.
Superb relationship skills are a must as she/he will serve as a key liaison to public agency partners including California Air Resources Board, and technology providers, advocacy organizations, and other key local partners.
The position is based in our Berkeley office.
California Employers Association is the recruiter for CALSTART.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and five or more years of related experience. One or both of the following: (1) Spanish language fluency – advanced level (PDF) or higher and/or (2) more than 2 years of experience with environmental equity programs with a successful track record.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven project management skills and the ability to think, plan and execute effectively.
- Experience with handling large and complex projects that require attention to detail,
and have financial and web components that are critical to success.
- Knowledge of innovative mobility issues, technologies, and approaches.
- Strong facilitation skills with an ability to develop/manage multiple series of events and
- Work well in a fast-paced, team environment and can successfully manage partners,
stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
- Organized, flexible, and has effective time management skills.
- Initiative, strategic thinking and sound judgment.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Industry or policy experience with transportation demand, micro mobility, active
transportation, shared vehicle services, and/or transit agencies a plus.
- Effective public speaking skills, especially in public policy settings is a plus.
- Experience with working groups or coalitions is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Annual salary is up to 85K depending on experience
- Company pays 100% of premiums for HMO health plan including dental and vision care.
- Retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary.
- Flexible work hours as appropriate and we provide funding for transit.
- Committed to employee growth and skills development.
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and complete resume as soon as
possible to email@example.com.
Upon receipt of your resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates
to proceed in the interview process.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CEA is not seeking assistance or
accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal
employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age,
nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and
privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement,
training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and
minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.