Alternative Fuels Project Manager
Do you have a passion for the environment and wish to make a difference? CALSTART is seeking a project manager with experience in marketing sales, strategy development, business development, technical experience and knowledge in alternative fuels (priority on natural gas) in the transit and truck industry.
Our ideal candidate will play an important role in accelerating the adoption and use of low NOx natural gas vehicles, increase fleet utilization of renewable natural gas, and support infrastructure development needs for the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Program (HVIP).
This role requires knowledge of and experience with environmental and energy issues in the transportation industry with a strong background with natural gas vehicle project management.
CALSTART’s mission is to make the air healthy to breathe, prevent climate change, strengthen the nation, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. We are a nationally and internationally recognized innovative company with offices in multiple states.
The position will be based in the CALSTART solar-powered headquarters in Pasadena, California. This role will report to the Director of Market Acceleration at CALSTART.
California Employers Association is the recruiter for CALSTART.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of professional experience in business development, marketing, sales, industry/business engagement, alternative fuel technology/infrastructure, and business transactional accounts.
- Demonstrated experience in promoting and advancing deployment of natural gas vehicles and fuels.
- Proven track record of successful project management across all stages of project development and implementation from start to finish.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and planning skills.
- Skilled in written and oral communications. Ability to effectively present to diverse stakeholder groups.
- Strategic and innovative thinker who can effectively propose and advance new ideas.
- Resilient, flexible, and a skilled problem solver.
- Experienced with data management and analysis to generate reports and support IT team.
- Must have a “can do” attitude and be able to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain strong business relationships both in and out of CALSTART.
- Team-oriented and still able to work independently.
- MS Office Suite/365 proficiency, with a high degree of competence in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to travel up to 35% domestically.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience selling in the heavy-duty truck, bus and/or vocational industry.
- Thorough understanding of the automotive industry, structures and processes, preferably in the heavy-duty sector.
- Proficient in multi-channel sales processes, direct and indirect selling, vehicle specifications, vehicle layout drawings, installation criteria.
- Existing book of contacts in the heavy-duty trucking, bus or refuse market sectors.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce, AdWords and CRM. • Data visualization software (e.g. Tableau).
- GIS Mapping software (e.g. ESRI, ArcMap 9+, QGIS).
- Fluency in Spanish.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Annual salary is up to $65K depending on experience.
- Company pays 100% of premiums for HMO health plan including dental and vision care.
- Retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary.
- Flexible work hours as appropriate and we provide funding for transit.
- Committed to employee growth and skills development.
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for the position of Alternative Fuels Project Manager at CALSTART. Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and complete resume as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates to proceed in the interview process.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CEA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.