WHAT WE DO
- Help governments and agencies design and develop streamlined and simplified incentive programs supported by fleets and industry to spur the adoption of advanced technology vehicles and fuels.
- Provide trusted and effective administration and operation of incentive programs to spur faster clean vehicle adoption on behalf of governments and agencies.
- Outline effective incentive and investment strategies by working with industry and fleets to better understand barriers to technology production, adoption and deployment.
“CALSTART has grown from an early catalyst for innovation to its current status as a trusted partner for CARB, providing technical input and counsel and providing substantive support for strategies to drive faster commercialization of the clean, low carbon transportation technologies California and the world needs to meet our clean air and climate goals.”
- Helped the California Air Resources Board design and launch HVIP, which provides point-of-purchase incentives (vouchers) that discount the purchase price of advanced technology trucks and buses to California fleets.
- Acting as administrator for HVIP, issuing thousands of vouchers for advanced technology vehicles in the state.
- Helped NYSERDA design and launch NYT-VIP, a similar program that provides point-of-purchase incentives in New York and, since 2012, acted as administrator for the program.
- Launched (and continues to grow) the Global Commercial Vehicle Drive to Zero program aimed at working with key urban regions, manufacturers and fleets worldwide on the coordinated deployment of near-zero and zero-emission commercial vehicles in targeted applications for rapid success and growth.
- Helped City of Chicago design and launch Drive Clean Chicago and, since 2013, acted as administrator for the imitative.
- Created a task force of users and manufacturers to advance the adoption of zero-emission trucks and low NOx trucks and developed an action plan for addressing key barriers of infrastructure, cost and service issues.