Associate Project Manager
CALSTART, Brooklyn, NY
CALSTART has an immediate opening in its Northeast Regional Office and is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our growing team. The Associate Project Manager will help develop, support, and manage high impact clean transportation projects in the rapidly evolving clean transportation technology industry. The positions will be based at CALSTART’s Northeast office in Brooklyn, NY.
CALSTART is a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation nonprofit organization with offices in multiple states. CALSTART works with a network of more than 200 member organizations in the public and private sectors to knock down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future. We have more than 25 years of experience.
This ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, excellent writing abilities, facility with quantitative analysis and outreach, and a passion for the CALSTART’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to capably juggle multiple projects and work toward deadlines
- Project management experience is strongly preferred
- Strong and precise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse stakeholder group and lead effective outreach campaigns
- Demonstrate initiative with a “can do” attitude
- Experience with data collection, analysis, modeling, and forecasting is a plus
- Understanding of clean transportation technologies, fuels, energy efficiency, and sustainability is preferred but no prior experience in the field is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Willingness to travel within the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states and to California periodically
- Work well in a team environment
Candidates meeting minimum qualifications and possessing a graduate degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Public Policy) and/or 2+ years of professional experience in a related field or utilizing a relevant skill set may be considered for a Project Manager title.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Annual salary is up to $56,000, depending on experience; rapid promotion is possible
- If the selected candidate qualifies at the Project Manager level, starting salary could be higher
- Company pays 100% of premiums for PPO health plan including dental and vision care.
- Retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary.
- Flexible work hours as appropriate and we provide funding for transit.
- Commitment to employee growth and skills development.
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for the position of Associate Project Manager at CALSTART. Qualified candidates, please submit a cover letter and complete resume as soon as possible by clicking here.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CALSTART is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.