PASADENA, CA – CALSTART presented five recipients with its prestigious Blue Sky Award during the organization’s national conference last month.
CALSTART’s Blue Sky Award was first presented in 1996 to General Motors and has since been awarded annually to leading companies, organizations, and individuals for their achievements in the clean transportation industry. Honorees are carefully selected by CALSTART’s Board of Directors and staff for their work in advancing clean air, energy efficiency, clean vehicles, and technology development. In past years, Toyota, Ford Motor Company, Navistar, Inc., and Eaton Corporation were award recipients.
CALSTART’s 2023 Blue Sky Award was presented to five recipients, including:
- The Honorable Martin Heinrich, United States Senate for policy action to advance the clean transportation sector, not only in New Mexico, but nationally.
- Via for commitment to reducing roadway congestion and greenhouse gas emissions by increasing the use of clean, shared vehicles.
- PepsiCo for achievement in evolving their 500,000 square-foot Frito-Lay Modesto facility into a leading showcase demonstrating sustainable manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution technologies.
- Redwood Materials for work in building the electric vehicle (EV) battery industry and moving this national priority forward.
- Scania Group for making a world-leading commitment to accelerated zero-emission heavy-duty vehicle production and for strongly endorsing governments setting the needed requirements to achieve it.
“The CALSTART Blue Sky Awards acknowledges exceptional leadership in the clean transportation industry. The actions taken by this year’s recipients are significant and have contributed to the industry’s accelerated growth rate,” said John Boesel, President and CEO, CALSTART.
Get involved with CALSTART now by visiting CALSTART.org and becoming a member.
A nonprofit consortium with offices in New York, Michigan, Colorado, California and central Europe and partners world-wide, CALSTART works with 300+ member company and agency innovators to build a prosperous, efficient, and clean high-tech transportation industry. We overcome barriers to modernization and the adoption of clean vehicles. CALSTART is changing transportation for good.