Marketing & Outreach Project Manager
CALSTART is seeking an experienced marketing professional for our growing company. The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated marketer and will play an important role in supporting high impact projects. She/he will oversee the development and implementation of strategic marketing and outreach activities for the California Air Resources Board Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and the Bus Voucher Incentive Program (HVIP).
This role requires significant experience with marketing campaigns, communication development, and effective community outreach and industry engagement.
CALSTART’s mission is to make the air healthy to breathe, prevent climate change, strengthen the nation, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. We are a nationally and internationally recognized innovative company with offices in multiple states. We have more than 25 years of experience.
The position will be based in the CALSTART solar-powered headquarters in Pasadena, California. This role will report to the Director of Market Acceleration at CALSTART.
California Employers Association is the recruiter for CALSTART.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Marketing, Advertising Communications, Journalism and/or Business Management) plus at least 3 to 5 years of current & relevant marketing experience
- Experience and knowledge of education and outreach programs, marketing and campaign development, industry/business engagement, community outreach, content and collateral development, event planning, social media and website development/management.
- Knowledge and experience with environmental and energy issues along with knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Proven track record in project management with high proficiency across all stages of project management.
- Ability to lead social media campaigns and content for social media platforms including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Proven experience in developing effective marketing strategies supporting a variety of methodologies.
- Demonstrated development of strategic marketing, education and outreach plans.
- Experience in marketing and conducting outreach to low income and disadvantaged communities.
- Problem solver who is able to handle multiple projects at a time to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communications abilities with strong presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative with a “can do” attitude.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with key trade associations, industry and non-profit organizations.
- Must be team-oriented and still able to work independently.
- Ability to travel up to 35% domestically.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Exact Target, and other similar email tools.
- Experience with Google Analytics and AdWords.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Annual salary is up to $65K depending on experience
- Company pays 100% of premiums for HMO health plan including dental and vision care.
- Retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary.
- Flexible work hours as appropriate and we provide funding for transit.
- Committed to employee growth and skills development.
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for the position of Marketing and Outreach Project Manager at CALSTART. Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and complete resume as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates to proceed in the interview process.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CEA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.