Truck Initiative Director
CALSTART is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable leader for its largest practice area. The ideal candidate has 10 or more years of demonstrated experience in the medium- and heavy-duty vehicle (MHDV) industry.
This highly motivated candidate possesses a strong and deep knowledge of advanced technologies and fuels in commercial vehicles, and has outstanding relationships with manufacturers, suppliers and fleets in this segment.
CALSTART is a nationally and internationally recognized company with offices in multiple states. With more than 27 years of experience, CALSTART works with the public and private sectors to knock down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We seek a candidate with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategies to drive faster adoption of clean and low carbon commercial vehicles. She/he has a strong business development win record, along with a passion for CALSTART’s mission.
He/she has the necessary skills to manage and direct a large portfolio of technology development, market introduction, analysis and policy activities that will achieve tangible outcomes in reduced air and carbon emission and a measurable growth in jobs.
Superb relationship skills are also a must, as this role serves as a key liaison to further expand and enhance CALSTART’s influence, benefit to the industry and success in driving change.
The position reports to the Executive VP and is ideally based at CALSTART’s headquarters in Pasadena, CA. Other CALSTART locations may be considered based on a candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Extensive (>10 years) medium- and heavy-duty vehicle (MHDV) industry experience
- Deep knowledge of advanced technologies and fuels for MHDVs
- Strong program oversight and project management experience
- Excellent and proven organizational management and team leadership skills
- Significant experience with strategic planning and in developing and implementing strategies to cause change (theory of change)
- A proven track record of business development in assembling cutting-edge technology or market support projects and winning funding (internal and/or external) for them
- Experience with crafting and managing policy advocacy efforts that support MHDV funding and policy needs
- Strong and precise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse external stakeholder groups to build and support program and project activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Willingness to travel within North America
Following skills/experience are not required yet, are a plus.
- Advanced degrees and certifications in engineering, technology, business, policy or relevant fields
- Certificate in project management and other relevant skills
- Specific sector knowledge of and expertise with advanced transportation technologies and fuels including electricity, hydrogen, fuel cells and energy storage, natural gas, bio- and renewable fuels
- Experience with infrastructure planning and implementation
- Experience with life-cycle cost analysis, market projections and data analysis
- Experience in innovative mobility solutions
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Annual salary DOE with further growth opportunities based on performance.
- Company pays 100% of premiums for HMO health plan including dental and vision care.
- Retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary (paid by company).
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Flexible work hours as appropriate and we provide funding for transit.
- Committed to employee growth and skills development.
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for the position of Truck Initiative Director at CALSTART. Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and complete resume as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates to proceed in the interview process.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CEA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.