Clean Energy Communications Manager
Are you experienced in spearheading highly visible communication projects? Are you looking to lead communications for a highly successful and longstanding company? CALSTART is seeking a communications business leader who is dedicated to driving compelling internal/external communications and engagement programming at CALSTART.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized company with offices in multiple states. CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. Our member companies are diverse and include Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas and Southern California Edison.
The ideal candidate will design, implement, and manage print and digital communications initiatives for CALSTART. He/she will be responsible for managing all internal and external communications for the company, ensuring its messages align with key business strategies and the company’s mission. The role requires a leader who is committed to high quality and innovation and must love the challenge of capturing a leader’s voice, creative storytelling and working in a fast-moving and highly collaborative environment.
California Employers Association is the recruiter for CALSTART. We want a leader who is capable of big-picture thinking, can provide laser focus for the organization, and can execute an effective communications strategy.
This position is based in Berkeley, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from an accredited four-year college or university in marketing, communications, or related field; or five plus years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ year’s relevant communications experience. Journalism background a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business Stakeholder Management
- Experience in driving teamwork and collaboration across an organization
- Experience or working knowledge of how to use social media platforms e.g. website design, along with content development and creation.
- Demonstrated ability to tell a holistic and consistent story beyond technology
- Critical thinker with strong business acumen
- Outcome focused
- Communications design and development
- Strong project and time management skills
- Demonstrates the creative use of communications and platforms
- Problem solver and deadline driven
- Understanding of clean transportation, energy efficiency, and sustainability
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Annual salary is up to $90K depending on experience
- Company-paid HMO health plan including dental and vision care.
- Retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary.
- Flexible work hours as appropriate and we provide funding for transit.
- Committed to employee growth and skills development.
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for the position of Communications Manager at CALSTART. Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter and complete resume as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your complete resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates to proceed in the interview process.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CEA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.