Executive Administrative Assistant
CALSTART is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to support our CEO in our Berkeley, California office. Reporting directly to our CEO, the Executive Assistant will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. This person will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO.
The Executive Assistant must be innovative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Our new EA will:
- Complete a wide variety of administrative tasks for our CEO including:
- Managing an active calendar of appointments
- Completing expense reports
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is at times confidential
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Plan, coordinate and ensure our CEO’s schedule is followed and respected
- Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations requiring direct access to our CEO’s time
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of our CEO, with Board members, donors, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s initiatives
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to our CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between our CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior leadership
- Keep our CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization
- Manage a variety of special projects some of which may have organizational impact
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate our CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters promptly, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Serve as the administrative liaison to CALSTART’s board of directors
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling
- meetings and attending as requested
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives teams as needed in coordinating the outreach activities
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
CALSTART is a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 25 years of experience, CALSTART works with the public and private sectors to knock down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
CALSTART’s member companies are diverse and include Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Peterbilt, General Motors, New Flyer, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART works with these member companies and the broader industry including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers to advance the clean transportation industry. CALSTART’s work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility.
CALSTART advances each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value added services to its member organizations. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in three states. We believe now is our time and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work for CALSTART.
We are looking for:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
- Excellent attention to detail Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving
- Strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity and self-confidence
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to work independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Adaptable to various competing demands while demonstrating the highest level of customer/client service
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward thinker, who seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required strongly preferred
- 5+ years supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Interest in clean technologies preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 100 % Company-paid HMO family health plan including dental and vision care
- Retirement plan contributions (Simplified Employee Pension Plan) equivalent to 8 percent of the annual actual compensation
- Eligibility for participation in CALSTART’s Employee Incentive Program (EIP)
- Flexible work hours as appropriate and we provide funding for transit
- Committed to employee growth and skills development
How to Apply
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for the position EA at CALSTART. Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter and complete resume as soon as possible to email@example.com. Upon receipt of your complete resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates to proceed in the interview process.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.