Project Manager for Voucher Incentive Database and Website Management
CALSTART has an immediate opening for a highly-motivated person to join our team as a Project Manager for Voucher Incentive Database and Website Management. The ideal candidate will play an important role in supporting high impact clean transportation projects by overseeing the management of an online voucher processing center and website for the California Air Resources Board (CARB)-funded Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Program (HVIP). HVIP provides incentives to California fleets who purchase clean trucks and buses and is administered by CALSTART. In this role, the Project Manager for Voucher Incentive Database and Website Management will support the re-development and ongoing management of HVIP’s web-based voucher processing center responsible for handling the administration of thousands of voucher requests for the purchase of clean vehicles. Additionally, the ideal candidate would manage ongoing maintenance and modifications to the public-facing HVIP website. The position will be based in the CALSTART solar-powered headquarters in Pasadena, California.
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 25 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an effective industry catalyst organization. CALSTART’s member companies are diverse and include Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses its work in four major initiatives: cars, buses, trucks (including non-road vehicles), and fuels. CALSTART advances each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving valued-added services to its member organizations. CALSTART is a national organization with multiple offices in several states. We believe now is our time and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work for CALSTART.
CALSTART seeks a Project Manager that has a high attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to work collaboratively within a team, is a proactive problem solver, and has exceptional organizational and project management skills to ensure that all project tasks and deliverables are met and executed in a timely fashion. The candidate will have demonstrated experience in database and program management; website design and maintenance, experience with information technology software and CRM; ability to work on complex and dynamic interface systems; and coordinates and works closely with multiple project partners.
CALSTART seeks a team member with a passion for the organization’s mission and for making a difference, who can anticipate and fulfill project partner needs, and supports an environment that promotes inclusiveness and team-building. Successful candidates must have a positive “can do” attitude and to learn and grow, and strive for excellence.
He or she will have the necessary skills to oversee project management responsibilities for HVIP’s Voucher Processing Center (VPC), public-facing website and the generation of technical reports and would perform the following tasks with strong competency:
VPC Redevelopment and Systems Management
- Oversee the redevelopment and implementation (including planning, designing, deploying, supporting and maintaining) of a web-based application processing database within a complex multi-platform environment for voucher incentive requests and reimbursements (redemption);
- Manage vendor/contractor relationship and day-to-day development and integration activities of VPC by closely monitoring and engaging with VPC vendor/contractor to ensure effective delivery of deliverables and tasks;
- Understand program policies, practices and operating procedures to help design VPC system to reflect program requirements and processes and ensure functionality serves the needs of program administrator and multiple-users;
- Work closely with VPC vendor/contractor to understand and integrate requirements that support a highly dynamic interaction with users, submission of required documentation and data, and approval gateways to support application review and verification towards voucher redemptions;
- Stay abreast of program strategy, goals, objectives and operational performance to ensure ongoing system improvements and updates to the VPC;
- Support development of customized and automated reporting functions for various metrics and analyses;
- Ensure use of security processes for the handling of highly-sensitive documents that handle non-public information;
- Oversee the planning and implementation of testing and demonstration of database; and
- Support full integration of data transfer of current VPC to new system.
- Manage and maintain HVIP’s public-facing website including ongoing updates, new developments, process improvements and modifications;
- Ensure high utilization by continuously evaluating optimization techniques and interface engagement strategies;
- Understand HVIP stakeholder needs and priorities to ensure content is focused and useful to multiple users;
- Assist with HVIP’s website and social media interaction and plans;
- Work with project team members to achieve the delivery of high quality services, information, and professionally developed collateral and publications; and
- Maintain currency with IT industry trends & tools, software programs and best practices relevant to HVIP and the clean transportation industry.
Necessary Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree with 5+ years of experience in the information systems field including database development and design, database management systems, and maintaining security protocols. The candidate should have sincere interest and/or experience with environmental and energy issues and the transportation industry.
The candidate should have a high degree of proficiency in written and oral communications and have the capability of presenting to and working with diverse stakeholder groups. The candidate should work well in a team environment, display personal initiative and be driven by a passion for the clean transportation industry. The candidate should have exceptional time management, planning and organizational skills and proficiency in MS Office products (particularly Excel, and Project).
The ideal candidate should be conversant with as many of the following platforms:
- SQL Queries/Stored Procedures
- ASP.NET (C#/VB)
- Crystal Reports
- Windows Server/Active Directory Administration
- Network Administration
- Firewall Administration
- Exchange Management
- Microsoft Office 365 Management
- SharePoint Management
The ideal candidate should have the following experience.
- Proven track record and high proficiency in database management across various stages of database development and implementation (initiating, planning, development, testing and reporting);
- Ability to think ahead, propose new ideas, take active steps in addressing challenges, and implementing new strategies/approaches to adapt to new/changing priorities;
- Ability to engage and communicate tactfully and persuasively with a variety of stakeholders through oral and written communication methods;
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and perform within project deadlines;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies including waterfall, iterative, agile or other related disciplines and processes;
- Experience with very large production databases; and
- Supporting data to a customer facing web platform.
Compensation and Benefits
CALSTART offers a strong compensation package. In addition to a competitive salary, CALSTART currently offers employees a company-paid HMO health plan including dental and vision care. The compensation plan also includes a retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary. CALSTART allows for flexible work hours as appropriate, and provides funding for transit. The organization also has a strong interest in employee growth and skills development.
How to Apply
Applicants should send their responses in email form only and must include a cover letter explaining why they should be considered for this position and a resume. Applicants should send their information to: Margaret DeGuzman: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.