Shared EV Employer Demonstrator Program
The SEED Pasadena Program is a joint project between LA Metro, Pasadena Department of Transportation, and CALSTART designed to increase the education, acceptance, and adoption of Electric Vehicles (EVs) and workplace charging in the City of Pasadena.
The program is free for employers & workplaces to participate and offers a unique opportunity for employers & employees in Pasadena to gain first-hand experience with EVs through extended trials and to obtain consultation and guidance on charger installations at no cost!
Here’s how it works:
- CALSTART will hand off up to 6 brand new Chevy Bolts to each participating employer / workplace for a 2-6 week period (vehicles will be fully registered, insured, and prepped for the program).
- Each participant will use the vehicle as their primary mode of transportation for 2 weeks! (Vehicles can also be used as a company car).
- Participants will use workplace chargers as their primary charging source. The workplace must have chargers available (in their parking lot or nearby), or must be willing to install chargers in order to qualify.
If you are considering installing EV chargers, CALSTART will provide free consulting / guidance for every step of the process:
- CALSTART will provide informational materials about the benefits of EVs and installing chargers at the workplace. CALSTART can present on this information at your workplace to help gather internal support.
- CALSTART will guide workplaces through choosing the right chargers, finding the right electrician, and utilizing rebates to make the process as easy and simple as possible.
- CALSTART’s partner, GreenCommuter, can manage the entire purchasing, installation, and rebate process at a discounted rate through the program.
If you are interested in participating or learning more, please reach out to Kasey Okazaki at email@example.com, 626-744-5630.