Shared EV Employer Demonstrator Program
The SEED Pasadena Program was a joint project between LA Metro, Pasadena Department of Transportation, and CALSTART designed to increase the education, acceptance, and adoption of Electric Vehicles (EVs) and workplace charging in the City of Pasadena.
The program was free for employers & workplaces to participate and offered a unique opportunity for employers & employees in Pasadena to gain first-hand experience with EVs through extended trials and to obtain consultation and guidance on charger installations at no cost!
Here’s how it worked:
- CALSTART would hand off up to 6 brand new Chevy Bolts to each participating employer / workplace for a 2-6 week period (vehicles will be fully registered, insured, and prepped for the program).
- Each participant would use the vehicle as their primary mode of transportation for 2 weeks! (Vehicles could also be used as a company car).
- Participants would use workplace chargers as their primary charging source. The workplace must have chargers available (in their parking lot or nearby), or must be willing to install chargers in order to qualify.
CALSTART would provide free consulting / guidance to interested workplaces for installing EV chargers:
- CALSTART provided informational materials about the benefits of EVs and installing chargers at the workplace. CALSTART presented on this information at workplaces to help gather internal support.
- CALSTART guided workplaces through choosing the right chargers, finding the right electrician, and utilizing rebates to make the process as easy and simple as possible.
- CALSTART’s partner, GreenCommuter, managed the entire purchasing, installation, and rebate process at a discounted rate through the program.
Our findings from this project are available in our Final Report.
To learn more, please reach out to Kasey Okazaki at firstname.lastname@example.org, 626-744-5630.