Sr. Project Manager
Are you looking for a career where you can indeed make a positive impact in our environment? CALSTART is seeking a highly-motivated candidate to join our team as a Senior Project Manager to oversee events and member/industry services projects. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in successfully managing complex and highly visible events and have an understanding of the advanced clean transportation technology market.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation organization with offices in multiple states. CALSTART works with the public and private sectors to knock down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future. We have more than 25 years of experience.
This position will support CALSTART’s mission to improve air quality, prevent climate change, and create jobs. A passion for CALSTART’s mission is vital for this role.
The position is based in either Denver, CO or Pasadena, CA. This role reports to the Director of Member Services at CALSTART.
California Employers Association is the recruiter for CALSTART.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications, or another relevant field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Seven or more years of progressive and successful event/project management experience; includes budget oversight of projects.
- Superior event organizing and project management skills with the ability to think, plan and execute effectively.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple events as well as diverse membership and industry services projects simultaneously.
- Can interpret/analyze data to make sound business recommendations that drive optimal event performance.
- Ability to develop event and implement fundraising strategies and opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledgeable about the clean transportation industry with a demonstrated passion for clean technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with and a strong working knowledge of event marketing communications strategy, program implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong familiarity with digital marketing tools and techniques and their application to events.
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Must have a strong customer service focus and attitude.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with and motivate individuals of all levels, cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Able to travel domestically up to 35% as needed.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Annual salary is up to $85K depending on experience
- Company pays 100% of premiums for HMO health plan including dental and vision care.
- Retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary.
- Flexible work hours as appropriate and we provide funding for transit.
- Committed to employee growth and skills development.
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for the position of Senior Project Manager at CALSTART. Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and complete resume as soon as possible to email@example.com. Upon receipt of your resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates to proceed in the interview process.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CEA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CALSTART offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.